Welcoming Words

Hey guys. SpaceGuru5 here, bringing you my official blog. Est. 31 Aug 2012.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

So, I turned 18...

I'm a little late on this one, but last Tuesday marked the official beginning of my adulthood; May 12, 2015, was my first day as a legal adult.

Some good things about this:
  • I can legally purchase tobacco (not that I'd want to, but I'm sure some would find this a perk)
  • I can register to vote (which I already have so I can be an active political participant)
  • I don't have to pretend to be over 18 to order things from infomercials
  • I can finally watch NC-17-rated flicks (not that I'd go above an R-rated flick)
  • I get to be called a "young adult" instead of a "teenager"
Some bad things about this:
  • I can go to an actual jail if I commit a felony (not that I would, but the threat exists now)
  • I'm still technically not allowed to drink booze (again, not that I would)
  • At age 18, I'm still technically a teenager, though the title "young adult" helps this one
  • New life stage = new responsibilities (no more compulsive mooching off of the folks!)
  • I don't want to grow up, like, ever (nobody really does, anyway)
Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday with some rounds of bowling against DFGHulk and Darth Vigorous. It's through those rounds that I realized I sucked at bowling and Dan is a beast at it (it just takes some time). We do have footage of that event, though I need to work on that still. Some of the footage may already be up on Vigorous' channel.

Anyway, that's about it. Take care. :)

(yes I'm still working on the special. it may be late this year. we'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment