Welcoming Words

Hey guys. SpaceGuru5 here, bringing you my official blog. Est. 31 Aug 2012.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

UPDATE: My Life to Come?

So, school starts for me next Wednesday. Truth be told, I'm actually kind of ecstatic about it. I'll be able to spend another school year with my friends that I've made at my high school.

There's something a bit different about this year, though, that dampens that ecstasy.

I'm a senior this year. This will be the very last year of my life that I attend any public school as a student. I've been a student since 2002. I moved to Germany on October 23, 2004, and finished my 2nd Grade term in Germany. I then moved to Western Washington (the rainy side) on August 1, 2007, and have attended schools in my current city since I was in my 5th Grade term.

I will officially graduate high school on June 4, 2015, and community college the day after. I'm hoping that I will graduate with my diploma and my AA.

Some time after I graduate, I will move back to my childhood home in Pasadena, Texas. By this time next year, I will be attending Rice University in Houston. After I finish up at Rice (either in 2017 or 2019) and earn my BA or MA, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I plan on getting degrees in mathematics and engineering, but I'm not sure what I'll do with those. I might become a teacher, but even that's uncertain.

Things that might happen after I graduate from Rice in 2017/2019:

1. I'll move back to my current city and live with DFGHulk and Cooper in one house.
2. I'll stay in Pasadena, Texas.

I've lived in my current city as long as I've lived in Pasadena, Texas. That's 7 years each. I feel like both cities are my home. It's really tough deciding which one I'll stay in after I finish up my education. I guess I'll make my decision soon.

I know I won't really have to worry about it for the next 3 to 5 years, but those years are coming here faster than a speeding bullet, and I know I won't be able to dodge it.

Until then, here's hoping everything will turn out just fine for me as I become an adult.

Take care, everybody. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment